Serenity Family Dentistry – Pediatric
If your child has a serious dental injury, call us right away at (704) 365-0006 . This includes broken teeth or teeth that have been knocked out. At Serenity Family Dentistry in Charlotte, we care about your children’s dental health. We go out of our way to make sure your children have a good experience in their dental visits.
From complete checkups to preventative treatments, Dr. Attaway and her team will help your child get started with their oral care. Starting early helps your children in getting used to being at a pediatric dentist. You can instill good dental habits at an early age that will continue throughout the child’s life. We will help to teach your child good oral hygiene techniques.
The American Dental Association recommends getting your children started in a dental routine as early as one year old or within six months from when their first teeth begin to show. Your pediatrician is specially trained and licensed to work with infants and young children in their dental care.
Whether your child is one or 17 or somewhere in between, we recommend bringing your kids in for regularly scheduled checkups. Your children will receive the kindest of pediatric care. At your visit, our hygienists and dentist will meet with you and your child. Their examination will include:
- Reviewing medical and dental history
- Examining your child’s teeth, looking for any decay or abnormalities
- Giving a thorough cleaning
- Recommending whether he/she could use a fluoride treatment
- Recommend whether sealants should be used to reduce the risk of gum disease
- Evaluating tooth growth and alignment
Preventative Pediatric Dental Care
Preventing cavities and gum disease begins at home with good oral hygiene. When we meet with your child, we will teach them proper brushing and flossing that become daily habits.
Preventing injuries can be a full-time job for parents. Kids will be kids. Encouraging your children to wear helmets is wise, and so is encouraging your children to wear mouth guards especially if they play sports.
When kids are being kids, accidents happen. Teeth can chip or get knocked out. Restoration dentistry is the process to rebuild injured teeth. Common restorations include:
- Fillings for cavities
- Crowns to cap deeply injured teeth
- Veneers to build gaps or chipped teeth
- Bridges to replace missing teeth
- Implants to replace side-by-side missing teeth
- Bonding to provide cosmetic touches to repaired teeth allowing for a natural color match
Your smile is your first impression. Serenity Family Dentistry has helped children to find their perfect smiles. For more information, call us for a personal consultation.
At Serenity Family Dentistry in Charlotte, we are creating beautiful smiles with a gentle touch.